At the beginning of the 21st Century monsters still roam the remote, and sometimes not so remote, corners of our planet. It is our job to search for them. The Centre for Fortean Zoology [CFZ] is - we believe - the largest professional, scientific and full-time organisation in the world dedicated to cryptozoology - the study of unknown animals. Since 1992 the CFZ has carried out an unparalleled programme of research and investigation all over the world. Since 2009 we have been running the increasingly popular CFZ Blog Network, and although there has been an American branch of the CFZ for over ten years now, it is only now that it has a dedicated blog.

Thursday 28 August 2014

I SPEAK OF THE SAUSAGE



The remarks I am about to make do not apply to all sausages, but they do apply to a great many.  And as sausages are made from animal meat, I feel this information is not out of place on a quasi-zoological site such as this.

I was told by a butcher's daughter that, if I knew what really went into sausages, I would nevermore eat one.  Sausages crafted by her father, she added, did not fall into this inedible category.  But she would not elaborate on what went into the other ones.

I could only use my imagination, so I imagined snout, eyeball, ear, cheek, gum (the kind teeth grow out of), tail and goodness alone knew what from actually inside the pig concerned.  So, I pass the message on to you - think before you eat a sausage.  I know of one sausage factory of which it is said that anyone who had worked there would never eat a sausage thereafter.

Mind you, if you just love sausages or, for that matter, hot dogs, you could always try a vegetarian sausage.  However, I tried one once and I have no desire to repeat the experiment.  It tasted gross.

So, unless you know a butcher who takes care only to put congenial meat in his sausages, either don't eat them or blank out your mind to their possible content if you do.


No comments:

Post a Comment